Monday, April 20, 2009

Anticipation

In the coming weeks I will be documenting the progress on the large scale commissioned quilt. But....right now I am getting a lesson in patience. I have ordered fabric onto which the Autocad drawing of the quilt has been produced at full size (about 5' x 8)'. It is basically a line drawing that will serve as my "blueprint". Hopefully it'll arrive this week.

So in the meantime, here are a few images of my studio space. This is the first time I've had a place to work like this outside the home. Don't know why I hadn't tried this before, it's a great way to retreat into "the zone". This is what the space looked like a few months back while I was working on another piece.

1 comment:

  1. Finally, I have found someone else who uses AutoCAD to design quilts. And now I look at the heading on your blog and see that you are an architect. Well, that makes sense! I look forward to coming back to your blog again.

    Judith Gleason Glover

    ReplyDelete