Monday, May 6, 2013

Spring Experiments in Laser Cutting and 3D Printing

Wasn't able to work in my studio much this semester but I did get a chance to experiment with some new technology. This semester myself my architecture students and I got a chance to play with a 3-D printer and a laser cutter FSU's Facility for Arts Research. http://artsresearch.fsu.edu/

On the left, you'll see some of my students' Models. On the right are some of my little experiments using the laser cutter. I made a little paper "quilt" (The white and gray piece) As well as a ring of black Paper Modules. I call it "The
Crown".

I am trying to obtain a residency at the facility so I can do some experiments with fabric. I have some ideas about doing a series of lasered cut abstract maps that use a lot of layering and transparency to map the change of a place across time.

No comments:

Post a Comment